Please select your location and preferred language where available.
(EOL) TransMemory U401 USB Flash Drive
Sleek, Stylish Storage
Capacity16GB 32GB 64GB
UsageFile Transfer on PC and Mac
KIOXIA TransMemory U401 USB flash drives make it simple to store media with small, stylish metallic body.
Sleek and Stylish Metallic Design
TransMemory U401 drive’s small and lightweight metallic body means that this simple and flexible storage goes wherever you go, in style.
Small in Size, Big in Storage
At just 38mm long by 12mm wide and 4.5mm thick, it fits comfortability in your pocket where ever you go and store large files and documents with its 64GB capacity.
TransMemory U401 USB Flash Drive Product Specifications
Capacity / dimensions
16GB, 32GB, 64GB
Approximate Usable Capacity*2
14.4GB, 28.8GB, 57.6GB
USB 2.0 high-speed compatible*3
38.0 x 12.2 x 4.5 mm
Approx. 6 g
Operating environment / protection performance
0 ℃ to 50 ℃ (no condensation)
-20 ℃ to 60 ℃
Compatible PC & Mac
Models equipped with the following OS, and the Type-A USB interface as a standard feature.
Compatible with macOS v10.12 - v11.0,
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
(As of February 5, 2021)
Services and Support
5-year limited warranty
Get the latest product briefs, user manuals, safety instructions, software, and more.
- 1 MB/s is calculated as 1,000,000 bytes/s. The value is the best value obtained in specific test environment at KIOXIA Corporation and KIOXIA Corporation does not warrant read speed use in individual devices. Read speed may vary depending on user-specifications such as devices used and file size read. The write speed is lower than the read speed.
- Capacity is based on installed flash memory and not user available memory as part of the memory is used for management functions. Available user area are as listed above (1GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes).
- The term 'USB 2.0 high-speed' used herein is the name of specification upon which this product is based; they do not warrant the speed of its operation.
- KIOXIA Corporation defines “RoHS Compatible” products as products that either ( i ) contain no more than a maximum concentration value of 0.1% by weight in Homogeneous Materials for lead, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) and diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) and of 0.01% by weight in Homogeneous Materials for cadmium; or ( ii ) fall within any of the application exemptions set forth in the Annex to the RoHS Directive(*). This does not mean that Kioxia Corporation products labeled “RoHS COMPATIBLE” are entirely free of substances controlled by the RoHS Directive and does not constitute a warranty or guarantee that such products will comply with the specific laws and/or regulations adopted in any particular jurisdiction.
*RoHS Directive: KIOXIA Corporation defines “RoHS Directive” as the DIRECTIVE 2011/65/EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
- To protect against accidental data loss, back up your data frequently on other storage media.
- Product specifications and design are subject to change without prior notice.
Browse our support FAQ to quickly find answers to commonly asked questions.
Download documents, software, manuals, brochures, and product images.
Browse personal SSD/Cards & USB warranty information.
Contact customer support for help with your products.