Please select your location and preferred language where available.
KIOXIA introduces new levels of performance with Enterprise NVMe SSD family featuring PCIe 5.0 technology
CM7 series SSDs available in new EDSFF E3.S and industry standard 2.5-inch form factors
- Düsseldorf, Germany, 26 July 2022
KIOXIA Europe GmbH today announced that its CM7 Series enterprise NVMe SSDs are now shipping to select customers. Optimized for the needs of high-performance, highly efficient servers and storage, the CM7 family is designed with PCIe 5.0 technology in Enterprise and Datacenter Standard Form Factor (EDSFF) E3.S and 2.5-inch form factors.
Having introduced the industry’s first EDSFF drives designed with PCIe 5.0 technology last year, the addition of the CM7 Series expands KIOXIA's leadership position and allows OEM customers to deliver best-in-class performance to end users: These SSDs saturate the PCIe 5.0 interface at 14GB/s read throughput.
The EDSFF E3 family enables the next generation of SSDs with PCIe 5.0 technology and beyond to address future datacenter architectures, while supporting a variety of new devices and applications. It provides improved airflow and thermals, signal integrity benefits, eliminates the need for LEDs on the drive carriers, and gives options for larger SSD capacity points.
CM7 Series highlights include:
- EDSFF E3.S and 2.5-inch 15mm Z-height form factors (U.2 and U.3)
- Designed to the NVMe 2.0 and PCIe 5.0 specifications, and supports SFF-TA-1001/U.3 functionality
- SFF-TA-1001 (also known as U.3 ) capable with Universal Backplane Management enabled systems
- Read-intensive (1 DWPD) capacities up to 30.72TB
- Mixed-use (3 DWPD) capacities up to 12.80TB
- Dual-port design for high availability applications
- Flash Die Failure Protection maintains full reliability in case of a die failure
- Cutting edge feature support - SRIOV, CMB, multistream writes
Paul Rowan, vice president of SSD marketing and engineering at KIOIXA Europe GmbH commented: "With AI and ML applications on the rise, storage demands are exponentially increasing to unprecedented levels. Solutions are needed that can deliver a dramatic ramp up in capacity, while still maintaining the same degrees of quality, reliability and endurance. Our EDSFF drives with PCIe 5.0 technology respond to these requirements, seamlessly doubling performance. They also offer the quality that KIOXIA customers have come to expect from us as the acknowledged inventors of NAND flash."
 In 2.5 inch U.3 connectivity, transfer speed will be limited to PCIe Gen4
 As of November 9, 2021 based on KIOXIA Corporation survey of publicly available information
 As of July 25, 2022 based on KIOXIA Corporation survey of publicly available information
 Maximum capacity in E3.S is 15.36 TB
- The following trademarks, service and/or company names – PCIe, PCI Express, NVMe, NVM Express, NVMe-oF - are not applied, registered, created and/or owned by KIOXIA Europe GmbH or by affiliated KIOXIA group companies. However, they may be applied, registered, created and/or owned by third parties in various jurisdictions and, therefore, protected against unauthorised use. All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
- DWPD: Drive Write(s) Per Day. One full drive write per day means the drive can be written and re-written to full capacity once a day every day for five years, the stated product warranty period. Actual results may vary due to system configuration, usage and other factors. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA Corporation defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1Gb = 2^30 bits = 1,073,741,824 bits, 1GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
About KIOXIA Europe GmbH
KIOXIA Europe GmbH (formerly Toshiba Memory Europe GmbH) is the European based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today's breakthrough BiCS FLASH 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.