Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Latest KumoScale software release from KIOXIA expands support for PCIe 4.0
Version 3.16 enables faster NVMe-oF storage management capabilities, OpenStack and Kubernetes support
- Düsseldorf, Germany, 25 November 2020
KIOXIA Europe GmbH, (formerly Toshiba Memory Europe GmbH) has introduced a new version of its KumoScale storage software based on NVM Express over Fabrics (NVMe-oF) technology. KumoScale software version 3.16 delivers support for PCIe 4.0 ecosystem components, including servers, network interface cards (NICs) and SSDs.
Designed to double the performance of client, server and storage systems, PCIe 4.0 is driving new performance levels for cloud and enterprise applications. KumoScale 3.16 takes advantage of the faster connections offered by PCIe 4.0, enabling cloud deployments to serve more users per storage node – and leading to improved operational costs.
Additional enhancements in version 3.16 include:
- 3rd-party Application Hosting Framework to enable KumoScale servers to host storage services like file and object storage so that they can take advantage of KumoScale performance. In both environments, KumoScale storage resources appear to workloads as fast local NVMe volumes.
- Kubernetes CSI and OpenStack Cinder drivers that support core storage functions, snapshots, and thin provisioning.
- Live Volume Migration: Works across back-end servers while maintaining data consistency, supporting live workload migration.
- Multi-Tenant Virtual Cluster Support: Enhances security and media utilization by isolating tenant workloads.
"NVMe is gaining more popularity in server and storage systems," said Frederik Haak, Senior Marketing Manager for Solid State Drives at KIOXIA Europe GmbH. "With the release of version 3.16, Kumoscale offers the support of the latest PCIe 4.0 standard and continues to connect NVMe storage over the network at similar performance as local storage. Continuous enhancements for the integration into cloud orchestration frameworks, such as Kubernetes and OpenStack, address the requirements for cloud-based applications."
 The following trademarks, service and/or company names are not applied, registered, created and/or owned by KIOXIA Europe GmbH or by affiliated KIOXIA group companies. However, they may be applied, registered, created and/or owned by third parties in various jurisdictions and therefore protected against unauthorised use:
NVM Express, Inc
About KIOXIA Europe GmbH
KIOXIA Europe GmbH (formerly Toshiba Memory Europe GmbH) is the European based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today's breakthrough BiCS FLASH 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.