Please select your location and preferred language where available.
KIOXIA extends lineup of PCIe 4.0 SSDs for high-end client applications
New KIOXIA XG8 Series delivers high performance and the latest security features
- Düsseldorf, Germany, 26 April 2022
KIOXIA Europe GmbH introduced its latest XG8 Series of client SSDs for high-end notebooks, desktops, gaming systems, workstations, as well as data center boot applications. With the XG8 Series, KIOXIA bolsters its comprehensive PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive (SSD) portfolio.
Designed to bring next-generation performance to demanding client environments, the XG8 Series enables power users to take advantage of PCIe Gen4 x4 speed performance and ample storage space.
The XG8 Series is available in an M.2 type 2280 form factor and supports optional security features using the latest TCG Pyrite 2.01 and TCG Opal 2.01 standards to ensure data is kept secure at home, in the office or on the road. In addition, the XG8 Series features end-to-end data path protection for greater data integrity.
Additional features include:
- Forward-looking support for NVMe 1.4 feature set and Basic Management
Commands over System Management Bus (SMBus), which enables tighter thermal management for PCs
- Power Loss Notification is supported to protect data against forced shutdowns
- Sideband signals (PERST#, CLKREQ# and PLN#) are available in both 1.8V and 3.3V (current client models support only 3.3V), enabling support for more platforms.
“XG8 continues the expansion of the KIOXIA PCIe 4.0 product offering,” said Paul Rowan, Vice President SSD Marketing and Engineering, KIOXIA Europe GmbH. “With capacities of 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB and 4096GB, and in the M.2 2280 form factor it provides the ideal storage solution for a wide spectrum of applications including notebooks, workstations and as a server boot SSD with the performance and reliability one would expect from KIOXIA SSDs.”
The XG8 Series is now available for customer evaluation.
 Availability of security/encryption options may vary by region.
- The samples are for evaluation purposes. The specifications of the samples may differ from the production models.
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1Gb = 2^30 bits = 1,073,741,824 bits, 1GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- The following trademarks, service and/or company names – PCIe, PCI Express, NVMe, NVM Express - are not applied, registered, created and/or owned by KIOXIA Europe GmbH or by affiliated KIOXIA group companies. However, they may be applied, registered, created and/or owned by third parties in various jurisdictions and, therefore, protected against unauthorised use. All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
About KIOXIA Europe GmbH
KIOXIA Europe GmbH (formerly Toshiba Memory Europe GmbH) is the European-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid-state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people’s lives and expand society’s horizons. The company’s innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.